Read all about The Make Up Chick's experience using Wonder Curl!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
In honour of yesterday’s National Afro Day, I would like to take this time to shout out to all curly people and their confidence for wearing their hair out in its natural state. To all those folks who think curly hair is unprofessional or bohemian, I say ‘Pish Tosh” and would like to make some bullet points to why curly hair is awesome.
* It’s your hair! Despite what anyone thinks or says, this is what nature gave you (and nature does not make mistakes). No, it’s not a joke. Your curly hair is a unique part of who you are.
* Not to dismiss point one but you’re not alone either. Over 70% of the world’s population has some sort of texture in their hair.
* Curly hair gets noticed. While I don’t have any statistical data behind me, I do know that I get way more attention when my hair is curly. Also, when out with straight-haired friends, I get so many compliments on my hair.
* Knowledge is power! Again, it may just be me, but there are tons of fabulous sites designed specifically for curly hair. I haven’t noticed too many facebook albums entitled ‘My straight hair journey’
* You! When I see women and men out with their curls/kinks/Afros for all to see, it serves at hair inspiration for others to look at themselves and think ‘Hmm, my hair is similar to theirs and I can wear mine out too.’
Curls instill confidence and self-empowerment. You become your authentic self when you accept, love and nurture who you are.
I leave you with words from singer Donnie in his song “Conscious Cloud” he says:
I’ll be a chameleon and wear it bone straight but it’s so much stronger when it’s in its natural state.